To celebrate the “FIVE” year blog anniversary and to thank you for your continued support, I am giving away “FIVE” free registrations to a web seminar on September 18, 2014 entitled: A Closer Look at Peripheral IVs
Intravenous therapy via a peripheral IV (PIV) catheter is one of the common IV procedures performed by nurses in hospitals and other healthcare settings, including long-term care, outpatient, and home care. PIVs are used for medication administration and/or infusion of IV solutions. Because PIV placement is such a common and simple nursing procedure, nurses may underestimate the risks and the consequences of complications such as phlebitis, infiltration/extravasation, infection, and nerve damage. In this presentation, the importance of appropriate PIV site selection, techniques to reduce complications, and the importance of monitoring the PIV site will be addressed.
Here’s how to participate:
1. You must reside in the United States and available to attend on Sept 18, 2014 1-2pm ET
2. Send a comment to this post. The comments must be in response to this particular post in order to be considered an entry. Comments (entry) must include your first and last name, a valid email address, and the phrase – “Fabulous 5 giveaway”
3. This free offer is valid only for the webinar on Sept 18, 2014. Offer does not apply to any other events.
4. Five entries will be selected. You will be notified by email if you’re one of the five winners. No substitution will be allowed.
5. Offer ends on September 12, 2014 12noon ET.
2 thoughts on “FIVE Year Blog Anniversary Gift”
The wonderful and humbling thing about being a nurse is that nothing we do is trivial from starting someone’s IV to being fully present in a conversation. Nurses do make a difference.
As a hospice nurse we do not start a lot of IVs, so a refresher would be wonderful! I’m new to your blog (as of this morning) and am excited to explore it more! Congratulations on your anniversary and thanks for the Fabulous 5 Giveaway!
Comments are closed.